Mikita Shah: Link building is still in practice so that would help in building back links. Doing link exchange, various submissions, even blog submissions, blogging, all these things would help in generating back links of the website.
After Penguin update, Google has started severely penalizing websites engaged in manipulative link schemes. Some people have concluded that the safest way is to stop link building altogether but I don't agree with it. In fact links are still believed to be the most important part of the algorithm.
I strongly recommend to build relevant links – on pages where the readers would have a genuine interest in your website.
Here are some of the link building tactics:
- giveaways, contests, and sweepstakes are great ways to attract links.
- Try to get EDU links, these are the most authoritative links.
- Developing relevant content can get you links.
- Forum links: When placed on authoritative relevant sites they can be valuable.
- Guest blogging: It is surely overused today but if you get a chance to guest blog on a partner's site or even a competitor do it!
Edwin Jonk: From the expert panel in this weeks SEO Questions hangout on air on 01:42:59 into the YouTube video:
The cuetimes listed on this page are functional while the live broadcast continues and also once Youtube has finished processing the public broadcast. Processing time varies between 6-24 hours. During this period the clip is viewable in full but the cuetimes cannot be relied on.