What SEO is really all about
After 20 years of SEO, Jenny Halasz looks out of the window to describe what SEO is all about. She mentions seven subjects that belong to the realm of SEO.
- Marketing: " Marketing is about being amazing. At the end of the day, make sure you’re building, making, creating and selling something great. Make people happy or help them solve their problems. Make their lives just a little bit easier. "
- Relevance: " There’s a lot of competition out there for virtually every search term, so you need to be outstanding in some way "
- Strategic: " Consider critically how your product or service fits in. How will you leverage new technology in your business or the businesses of your clients? "
- Relational: " The fundamental problem with the way we’ve always searched is that we use language. And language, by definition, is imperfect and ambiguous. As we leave the four corners of websites behind and strive to understand fundamental connections between things, or “entities, ” the rush to schema will make more sense. "
- Frustrating: " Like it or not, the search engines rule SEO. "
- Collaborative: " instead of testing all the time, collaborate with your fellow SEOs "
- Holistic: " SEO is the perfect combination of creativity and writing, technology and data mining, analysis and implementation. It’s the alpha and the omega, the yin and the yang. "?